I have found the monthly newsletter from the folks at RapidAPI to be interesting and useful. Their site lists a large number of APIs and related tools for your consideration.
Here are the presentations and courses on API documentation planned for the 2019 Summit. Check out the Summit Schedule page for more details.
- API Documentation workshop by Tom Johnson [Full day (8-5) workshop on Sunday May 5. Extra fee.]
- xAPI: Geek Free Introduction for Instructional Designers, by Megan Torrance [Monday 2pm]
- Introduction to API Documentation by Tom Johnson [Tuesday 10am]
- Automated Release Notes, by Michael Winslow [Monday 4pm]
- Release Notes Matter!, by Swapnil Ogale [Tuesday 4pm]
Hello all; I've updated the site a bit. Here are the major changes:
10 Feb 2019: updated with new links. There is a API Webinar Series Recordings Bundle available from the STC.
- Introduction to API Tech Writing, presented by Sarah Maddox
- Documenting Java and C++ APIs, presented by Ed Marshall
- Helping the Code Tell the Story, presented by Joe Malin
- REST API Overview and Documentation Best Practices, presented by Marta Rauch
It was on sale for 58% off ($125, rather than $300) through 31 December 2018; I don't know what the price is now. For complete information on purchasing and downloading recorded webinars, visit the recorded webinars webpage. Here is a list of recorded presentations on APIs from the 2015 and 2016 Summits.
- API Documentation: Learn by Example, presented by Lois Patterson
- A Tour of Swagger for APIs, presented by Allen Dean
- APIs and SDKs: Breaking into and Succeeding in a Specialty Market, presented by Edward Marshall
- Introduction to Web Services for Technical Communicators, presented by Edward Marshall
- Publishing Strategies for API and Developer Documentation, presented by Tom Johnson
- Generating API Documentation Automatically from the Source Code, presented by Ed Marshall
- Let the Force of APIs Be With You: Building the Developer Experience Right, presented by Nabayan Roy
- REST API Documentation Best Practices, presented by Marta Rauch
- Up with Markdown! Presented by Dave Gash
- Writing Technical Docs like a Hacker with Jekyll, presented by Tom Johnson