- Documenting APIs: A guide for technical writers [I’d Rather Be Writing/Tom Johnson]
Note: Tom Johnson will be teaching a 1-day version of this course on May 5 at the STC Summit.This workshop is a pre-conference workshop before the regular sessions at the STC Summit begin. It’s also a full-day workshop. For details, go to the Summit Schedule and expand the API Documentation Workshop event. Register through the STC Summit site. To get a sense of the workshop, see his API documentation course, especially the workshop activities section.Tom also offered a workshop on April 6, in Raleigh, North Carolina, offered through STC Carolina. The Raleigh video recordings are available to watch here: Video recordings of API doc workshops.
- SDK Bridge offers online courses in learning the art of writing API documentation
- Here’s a list of courses taught by Peter Gruenbaum on Udemy:
- API Doc: Basic Programming
- Learn API Tech Writing 2: REST for Writers
- The Art of API Documentation (API Doc 3)
- Learn API Technical Writing: JSON and XML for Writers
- Learn Swagger and the Open API Spec
- Git and GitHub for Writers
There is a API Webinar Series Recordings Bundle available from the STC.
- Introduction to API Tech Writing, presented by Sarah Maddox
- Documenting Java and C++ APIs, presented by Ed Marshall
- Helping the Code Tell the Story, presented by Joe Malin
- REST API Overview and Documentation Best Practices, presented by Marta Rauch